Tibet Lhasa Tour – 4 days
Tibet Lhasa tour is the top tour operator in Kathmandu for Tibet tours offers a small group joined tour with guaranteed fixed departure dates in 2016, 2017, Cost and the number of people confirmed for joining Tibet Lhasa tour on particular dates with Tibet Lhasa tour itinerary details.
Tibet Lhasa tour covers all the three world heritage sites in Lhasa like the Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street. You can visit the Dalai Lama’s summer palace, stroll in the old alleys of Barkhor street where you can enjoy the sweet tea and chat with locals or bargain with the street vendors to understand the real life in Lhasa. Besides, never miss the chance to explore the dramatic Monks debate on the Buddhist doctrines in the Sera monastery.
Tibet Lhasa Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Lhasa(3650m)
Arrive in Lhasa either by flight or train. Tibetan guide will greet, receive you there and drive to your hotel. You may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa River on their way to Lhasa. Take a rest to acclimatize in high altitude after check in hotel. It also possible to walk around Potala Square, and get amazing photos of Potala Palace. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 02: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkhor Street
Breakfast, and sightseeing tour first visit the Potala Paalce is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. Tibet Potala palace has 1000 chambers, the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet. After lunch, tour to Jokhang temple built by the 33rd great kind of Tibet in 7th century to promote the Buddhist religion. Barkhor Street is the local Tibetan street around Jokhang temple; you can walk with pilgrims and locals, and shopping local Tibetan souvenirs there.
Day 3: Lhasa Tour - Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Breakfast and continue Lhasa tour to visit Drepung monastery, one of the great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet built in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace used to be Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before he moved to the Potala palace. In the Afternoon, we visit Sera Monastery, one of the “great three” Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet built in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon is the main attraction of Sera Monastery. Stay overnight in Lhasa
Day 4: Lhasa Airport
Breakfast and your tour guide will transfer you to Lhasa airport or train station to continue travel to Kathmandu or mainland china.
- Airport pick up and departure transfer
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group
- Comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on the group size Twin Sharing accommodation with breakfast and if you travel individually, you will need to share one room with another tourist; while if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- First aid kit
Cost Not Included:
- Flight or Train ticket
- Lunch and dinner during Tibet tour, it costs about USD 3-15 per person for one meal in Tibet.
- Tips for tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic
- beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.